Thing is, I haven't actually told anyone about this yet. Not W, my lovely wife, and M my son is too young to understand (though he does love bikes, and terrifies W and I by his speed down hills on his Scuttlebug).
No, at the moment, the race plan, like this blog, is mine only. It a trick to make me actually get out there and ride. At some point I'm going to have to start telling everyone, right?
Its a funny thing, racing was an adolescent dream, and riding a bike makes you feel young again (well it does me, anyway). I do worry that this whole thing is some weird arrested development thing. Racing certainly seems childish to me anyway, god knows what W will think of the whole thing.
And as for time, I have no idea if I have enough time in my life to get fit enough to race. We'll come to the training schedule malarky at a later date, but in the meantime if you manage to juggle a 3 hour daily commute, 2 kids (1 newborn) and a career that makes you work weekends along with a successful racing programme, chapeau to you and please let me know how you do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment