A little bit about me.
I've been more or less bike mad for most of my life, save for a decade or so in the middle when music, nightclubs and their attendant fascinations dragged me away. But, more or less, bikes have been my thing.
Since I've been back from the darkside (with occasional visits), I've found that there's a million other things that can keep you off the road. Despite that, at times I've been pretty fit; I've completed the Marmotte; I've been skinny. But now, as time ticks on and I get the wrong side of 35 time is tighter and tighter when it comes to getting out on the bike. I work in a pretty time-and-weekend consuming job, and I am married with one cracking son and another baby on the way.
Well so what, I hear you say and so what indeed? The thing is, I've been struggling for motivation of late and so I have decided to try to set some goals that will do all those things that your management / marketing / boss types tell you to - stretch me, challenge me, and hopefully fulfill an ambition I have had since I was a kid.
I'm going to compete in a bike race in 2008, and win one in 2009, all without being divorced or sacked in the meantime. Which of these particular challlenges is most likely to happen, we'll just have to wait and see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment